Maha Shivaratri 2017: How to celebrate this auspicious day if you are working
You can follow most of the Maha Shivaratri rituals even while you are at work.
Mumbai: If you are working tomorrow (Maha Shivaratri) and are wondering how to celebrate the auspicious day, then here are few tips for you.
You can follow most of the rituals even while you are at work.
- Wake up early – Probably at around 5AM or if possible at 4AM.
- Take bath and wear neat clothes, if not a new one.
- Light an oil lamp, incense stick in front of the Shiva image/idol or Linga at your home.
- Sit and chant the Shiva Moola Mantra and offer flowers.
- Meditate for about 15 minutes.
- Have some milk and fruits.
- Carry Vrata recipes (you can check them out here)
- Before starting work, chant Lord Shiva’s name and thank the almighty for his blessings.
- During lunch break, eat the vrata recipe after offering prayers to Lord Shiva.
- After returning home, take bath and visit a temple.
Here’s wishing one and all a very Happy Maha Shivaratri.