BJP wins NDMC Election by bagging 65 seats; AAP gets 22, Congress 13
The BJP on Wednesday swept the North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) Election.
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday swept the North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) Election by winning 65 wards. The Aam Aadmi Party emerged second with 22 seats and Congress finished third with 13, while Others managed three seats.
Here are the LIVE updates:-
- Final tally - BJP registers an emphatic win by bagging 65 seats, Congress 13, AAP 22 and Others 3.
- BJP Delhi chief Manoj Tiwari dedicates party's win in Delhi civic polls to the CRPF jawans who were martyred in Sukma.
- BJP registers win in 29 seats, Congress 9 and AAP 10.
- APP MLA Alka Lamba taking responsibility for party's defeat in all three municipal corporations. "I offer to resign as MLA and from all party posts," Lamba says.
- NDMC Poll Results Update: BJP bags 20, Congress-5 and AAP- 3
- BJP wins 14 seats, Congress 4 and AAP 3.
- BJP wins Rajinder Nagar, AAP bags Shakurpur in North Delhi Municipal Corporation.
- Delhi unit Congress president takes moral responsibility for party's defeat in Delhi civic polls, announces his resignation from party post.
- 11:45 am: NDMC poll result trends - BJP ahead in 67 seats, Congress 14, AAP 17 and Others five.
- BJP president Amit Shah thanks Delhiites for electing BJP in all three municipalities.
- With trends indicating a clear mandate for the resurgent Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Delhi Municipal Elections, former Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday said that her party did not campaign aggressively to win the civic polls.
- Trends at 10:40 am: North Delhi Municipal Corporation (103/103) BJP: 67 Congress, 14 AAP, 17 Others 5
- AAP leader and Delhi Minister Gopal Rai blames EVMs for his party's poor performance. "This is not PM @narendramodi 's wave but EVM's wave," Rai says.
- Massive mandate for BJP visible in MCD polls vindicates our stand that people want BJP back, says Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- Senior AAP leaders, including Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia went to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's residence as early counting trends showed the ruling party far behind in the civic polls.
- MCD Election Results 2017: Trends at 10 am: North Delhi Municipal Corporation (103/103) BJP: 72 Congress, 14 AAP, 14 Others, 3
- Trends at 9 am: BJP leading in 72 seats, AAP 15, Congress 15 and Others 1.
- BJP ahead in 74 seats, Congress 11, AAP 15 and Others 1
- NDMC poll Results: BJP leading on 68, Congress 15, AAP 12 and Others 1 seats
- MCD Election Results 2017: North Delhi Municipal Corporation (63/103) BJP: 63 Congress: 22 AAP: 10 Others: 1
- Trends show BJP leading in 60 seats, Congress in 22, AAP 10, Others 1
- North Delhi Municipal Corporation (83/103) (leads/trends) at 8:36 am BJP 60, Congress 19, AAP 9, Others 1.
- Trends at 8:32 show BJP ahead in 56 seats; Congress 19, AAP 9.
- MCD Election Results 2017: North Delhi Municipal Corporation (12/103) (Leads/Trends)
- Trends at 8:25 says BJP leading in 25 seats; Congress, AAP ahead in one each.BJP leading in 25 seats; Congress, AAP ahead in one each.
- NDMC Election 2017 Results: Trends available for 24/104 seats, BJP leading in 22 seats, Congress 1, AAP 1.
- Arvind Kejriwal-headed AAP leading in one ward in NDMC.
- Bharatiya Janata Party's Delhi chief Manoj Tiwari says he was sure his party would win the civic polls. "I am sure we will win. I have no doubt about it," Tiwari told the media, as counting of votes began.
- Early trends indicate BJP surging ahead in 15 wards, whereas Congress in 1.
- AAP MLA LambaAlka claims BJP offered her Lok Sabha ticket if she defected, accuses the ruling party of trying to poach AAP legislators.
- BJP takes early lead in three wards; Congress 1
- Counting of votes for the NDMC polls results begin.
- BJP Delhi chief Manoj Tiwari offers prayers ahead of counting of votes for Delhi MCD Election Results.BJP Delhi chief Manoj Tiwari offers prayers ahead of counting of votes for Delhi MCD Election Results.
The Exit Poll by ABP News-C Voter claimed that in North Delhi Municipal Corporation, the BJP is expected to get 87 of the 103 seats while the Congress is expected to get seven and the AAP eight seats.
The result will also determine whether the sway of Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP, which had stunned all by bagging 67 seats out of 70 in the 2015 Delhi Assembly polls, still holds and whether the party would be able to put behind its humiliating Rajouri Garden bypoll defeat.
The high-stakes Delhi municipal polls on Sunday saw a turnout of around 53 percent, with a sluggish start and a brisk end, even as rancour over "faulty EVMs" coloured the entire exercise with Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal railing at the state election body.