$1m jewellery meant to be `loaned to stars` stolen from Cannes
London: Daring thieves fled off with 1 million dollars worth of jewellery - which were to be worn by actresses at Cannes - on Friday.
They jewellery stolen was made by Swiss luxury jeweller Chopard and its pieces had been worn at this year`s Cannes by Cara Delevingne, Cindy Crawford and Julianne Moore.
Thieves broke into a hotel room being used by a Chopard employee at around 2.30am and looted an entire safe, which contained bracelets, necklaces, earrings and other precious items, the Sun reported.
Eerily, the crime happened just hours after the screening of Emma Watson`s film `The Bling Ring`, which is about fame-obsessed teens breaking into the homes of celebrities appearing at premieres to steal their expensive designer gear.
A police spokesman said that it appeared unlikely that it was just one person who did it, hinting that it could be an inside job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aditya Chopra to launch Raj Kapoor's grandson Aadar Jain
- Shweta Tiwari, Abhinav Kohli welcome first bundle of joy
- Harshvardhan Kapoor as Bhavesh Joshi – prosthetics and lots more
- Akshay Kumar shares first look of ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ and it is mighty impressive
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys
- Kanye West discharged from hospital one week after admission