$1m jewellery meant to be `loaned to stars` stolen from Cannes
London: Daring thieves fled off with 1 million dollars worth of jewellery - which were to be worn by actresses at Cannes - on Friday.
They jewellery stolen was made by Swiss luxury jeweller Chopard and its pieces had been worn at this year`s Cannes by Cara Delevingne, Cindy Crawford and Julianne Moore.
Thieves broke into a hotel room being used by a Chopard employee at around 2.30am and looted an entire safe, which contained bracelets, necklaces, earrings and other precious items, the Sun reported.
Eerily, the crime happened just hours after the screening of Emma Watson`s film `The Bling Ring`, which is about fame-obsessed teens breaking into the homes of celebrities appearing at premieres to steal their expensive designer gear.
A police spokesman said that it appeared unlikely that it was just one person who did it, hinting that it could be an inside job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Priyanka Chopra starrer 'Quantico' set for a season 3?
- Arbaaz Khan accepts DATING a Romanian beauty, feels there's a long way to go!
- Brad Pitt joined Angelina Jolie, kids on Cambodia trip
- Haseena FRESH STILL! Shraddha Kapoor's fierce act and brother Siddhant's Dawood avatar will surprise you