Akshay Kumar`s `Oh My God` suit on auction for charity
Mumbai: Bollywood star Akshay Kumar has put one of his suits from the film ‘Oh My God’ on auction for charity. The proceeds will go to Muktangan schools.
"Someone has rightly said, `No one has ever become poor by giving`. And taking that thought forward, I`m auctioning one of my suits from `Oh My God`," tweeted Akshay.
"The proceeds of this will go to Muktangan, who currently needs Rs.15 lakh to cover 60 percent of one of their pre-primary school`s annual budget for the academic year 2012-2013. Come join me, spread the word and let`s `Fund the Change`," he added.
Akshay, who was recently blessed with a daughter, has been receiving praises galore for ‘Oh My God’, which deals with the merchandising of religion in the country.
The film is an adaptation of Paresh Rawal`s Gujarati play ‘Kanji Virrudh Kanji’, and Paresh features in it as an atheist. Akshay plays god in the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smartphone addiction taking its toll on sleep: Study
- Oh boy! Playboy features first Muslim woman in hijab
- Pitru Paksha significance: Here is how the Shraadha rites are performed
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie