Alec Baldwin denounces celebrity culture on Twitter
Washington: Actor Alec Baldwin feels that the culture of America is degrading due to the worship of star-studded personalities.
The 55-year-old `Blue Jasmine` star, under his ABFoundation handle, took to Twitter to express his views on the same, reported the Washington Times.
"The culture of this country is doomed so long as this celebrity scrutiny/diversion/obsession continues. And all of the attendant destruction," he posted.
His views on the celebrity culture came after his much-reported negative comments about gays led MSNBC to cancel his political talk show.
However, Baldwin`s own celebrity status is no small thing. It is reported that the actor has a net worth of USD 65 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Baahubali 2: New poster featuring angry Prabhas unveiled! - See pic
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?