Amy Winehouse`s statue gets green signal
London: A life-size statue of singer Amy Winehouse is set to be placed near her Camden home, where she breathed her last, after the local council approved the plans.
The statue is expected to be erected on the balcony of the Roundhouse music venue around September despite objections from some conservationists, who think it is too early for a memorial, reported Digital Spy.
The statue will see the singing sensation in a short dress with her trademark beehive hairstyle.
Winehouse was found dead at her home on July 23, 2011 at the age of 27. Her death was ruled as misadventure by accidental alcohol poisoning at a coroner`s inquest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’: CBFC refuses certificate; director vows to fight back
- Baahubali 2: Brand new poster unveiled on Maha Shivaratri and its mind-blowing!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Film celebrities pay tribute to Lord Shiva
- Fawad Khan looks even more dashing in beefed-up avatar – See PIC
- Rangoon movie Tweet review