Australian TV Star Charlotte Dawson dead
Sydney: Former model and Australian TV star Charlotte Dawson was found dead at her home here. She was 47.
According to a local newspaper of Sydney, Dawson was found dead Feb 22 by a real estate agent who was getting her apartment ready for a viewing, reports a website.
Authorities said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding her death.
The actress is said to have spent Feb 21 shooting a morning show and then had brunch with a friend. She was reportedly last spotted "looking healthy" and "smiling in the sunshine".
Dawson left her native New Zealand at age 16 to become a model in New York City. She settled in Australia a decade later as a TV personality.
She is best known as the judge of `Australia`s Next Top Model`, hosting the boxing reality show `The Contender Australia` and appearing on the Australian version of `The Celebrity Apprentice`.
It is said Dawson suffered from depression for a long time and was admitted to a hospital in 2012 after being targeted by cyber bullies.
Dawson married Olympic swimmer Scott Millerin 1999 but they were divorced two years later. She had no children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- 50 Cent apologises after mocking autistic airport janitor
- Spot the hidden Panda in picture! Click here
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President