Beyonce slammed by PETA for ordering animal skin shoes
Los Angeles: R&B star Beyonce Knowles has come under fire from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) for ordering shoes made of exotic animal skins.
The footwear is made by Perfectly Made Kicks (PMK) specifically for the Destiny`s Child member. Nicknamed "King Bey", the white sneaker wedge design features skins from at least five different animals such as stingray, anaconda, ostrich, crocodile and calf, reported Aceshowbiz.
"These custom-made kicks come with a high price - and it`s paid by the various animals who were beaten and skinned alive or cruelly farmed and killed. Although most people aren`t as familiar with the types of animals (snakes, stingrays, crocodiles, and ostriches) killed for this single pair of sneakers, these animals are highly sensitive living beings who try hard to avoid capture and suffer enormously when trapped, netted, speared, and skinned alive," PETA states.
PMK is Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z`s favorite brand for sneaker. Last year, a pair of shoes dubbed the Brooklyn Zoo made of boa, crocodile, ostrich and other exotic animals were designed specifically for him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- `The Revenant` sweeps Britain`s Baftas with three top gongs
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Valentine's Day 2016: Fill your abode with positivity on the day of love!
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!