Dads rely on Google to solve children`s problems: Survey
London: What do dads do when their children approach them for help or for advice? They go to Google for answers to their kids` query or problems, reveals a new research.
The survey conducted by Plusnet reveals that 67 percent of children said they go to their dads for help and advice and 63 percent of dads will then go to Google to find the answer for them, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Fathers mostly struggle with homework, for which they rely on the web search engine. But even when their children grow up, fathers continue to use Google to solve their problems.
As their children grow older their reason for approaching dad changes. Instead of going to them for help with homework, grown ups go to their dads for advice on money, property and cars.
Approximately four in 10 dads go to Google to get information on money and a further 34 percent will consult the internet for advice to pass onto their adult children about property. Finally, 26 percent will rely on Google for advice about car maintenance.
Girls are more likely to go to their dad for advice, with 68 percent of girls asking dad for help compared to 62 percent of boys.
"It’s great to see that children still rely on their fathers, but interesting to see that nearly two thirds of fathers are turning to the internet to be able to provide their children with the answers,” said Jamie Ford, CEO of Plusnet, which conducted the research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Sonu Nigam teams up with Sandesh Shandilya for 'Chalk n Duster'
- Of travel, history and a good measure of science
- No foul play in death of Chilean poet Neruda, researchers say
- Emoji, meme, photobomb, twerk among new Merriam-Webster words
- Scrapbook provides rare insight to India's cinema history
- Flights of imagination: An aeronautical engineer as a famous novelist
- Comic book king Stan Lee to come out with graphic memoir
- Julianna Margulies to author children's picture book
- Unfinished memoirs of Orson Welles found
- Pamela Anderson to launch her photo book
- We are committed to fulfilling Dinkar ji's dreams: PM Modi
- Barbra Streisand's memoir to arrive in 2017
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!