Dakota Fanning meets teen cancer survivors
London: Actress Dakota Fanning, who plays the role of a leukemia patient in `Now Is Good`, got a chance to meet cancer survivors during the promotional trip for the movie.
Fanning plays the role of a young woman battling the illness in the film and during a promotional trip to Britain, she met with Jennie-Lou Hodge and Clara Markiewicz, who are both in remission from the disease, reported Showbizspy.
They interviewed the actress on what she learned about cancer by studying for the role and told her about their experiences during treatment for the illness.
"I have always done a lot of volunteer work at children`s hospitals in particular, and I had a friend who passed away from leukemia. I didn`t know specifically all the terms and that sort of thing, but I had some personal experience with it, for sure," Fanning said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gigi Hadid named the new face of 'Topshop'
- Conan O'Brien sued for allegedly stealing jokes from Twitter
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments