Ditch heavy furniture, go for poufs and stools!
Vibrant coloured poufs and stools create space in your otherwise cluttered homes. Rather than investing in expensive armchairs and pulling out some unattractive folding metal seats, add light furniture to your pad.
Poufs and stools add a touch of character to your bedroom, living room or playroom design with their availability in a variety of styles, colours and patterns, says Ashish Gupta, director of InLiving- a furniture retailing website and store.
Here is what he had to say:
* Living Room: Poufs and stool works well as an additional seating or as a footstool in your living room. With its soft and formless shape, poufs could be used as a decorative addition to your living space. The benefits of poufs and stools are that they are easily movable.
* Bedroom: The bedroom is probably the most obvious residential space that can carry knitted furnishings, creating a warm and welcoming environment.
If you have a small bedroom, put a stool at the end of the bed to hack some extra storage space. A soft light coloured pouf by the window would help you to capture all the natural light and air.
* Dining: Proper dining chairs usually add about six inches to the overall width of a single sitting area. If space is limited, you may opt for armless dining stools to conserve space.
* Study: Poufs and stools could be the best choice of furniture to be used in your study room. Choose a light colour in your wall and furniture to have a minimalist strain in your eyes. Put stools with the study table, managing the right size to rest your arms on the table while writing and two or three poufs close to the window for reading.
* Kitchen: Poufs in hues of blue, including navy, teal and turquoise, could be some of the best colours to be used in the kitchen. Additional counter space or as a small dining spot can be added by tucking a pair of stools next to the kitchen for a simple meal for two.
* Bathroom: An addition of chunky knit pouf can add volume to your dull and lacklustre bathroom. Adding colour to a stark white bathroom will perk it up in a flash. An unexpected touch of colourful poufs could beautify it further and create extra space to keep your towel.
* Outdoor: Faux wooden stools or the colourful poufs can let off a laid-back casual vibe, take up little space and provide extra seating whenever it is needed.