Halle Berry`s publicist dies
Los Angeles: Music publicist Patti Webster, who handled the public relations of celebrities like Halle Berry, Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys among others, passed away at the age of 49.
Webster, who had been battling with prolonged illness, died in New Jersey, her family announced the morning of September 13, said Hollywood Reporter.
The publicist who was a three-time cancer survivor (ovarian, lung and brain), had laid down the foundation of W&W in 1991.
The company boasted clients like Berry, the BMI Urban Awards, Chris Carter, Creflo Dollar Ministries, eOne Music, Anthony Hamilton, Steve Harvey, Patti LaBelle, Ludacris, Mary Mary, Holly Robinson Peete, the estate of Otis Redding, Kelly Rowland, BeBe and CeCe Winans and So So Def Recordings.
Webster also served as a member of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS), and the boards of the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
She was also a member of the TReach (Therapies Reaching & Educating Autistic Children) Foundation.
In 2008, Webster was awarded with Ebony Communications Award of Excellence for her work in public relations and entertainment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra shares moment of 'madness' with Hugh Jackman!
- When Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- This is how Akshay Kumar made his darling daughter Nitara's birthday more special! Pics inside
- Men increasingly availing salon services: Survey
- Is Pitra Dosha really a curse of our ancestors? Let's find out
- 'Love hormone' may quieten the ringing ears condition
- Children can make adult-like moral judgement: Study
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles