Having my son gave me writer`s block: Dido
London: Singer Dido has spoken about getting writer`s block after having her first child.
The mother to 2-year-old Stanley also addressed the five-year gap between her third album `Safe Trip Home `and fourth record `Girl Who Got Away`, reported Daily Express.
"You always think you`re making music, then suddenly four years has passed. Obviously I had a baby, and I was doing various things, then after Stanley came along I didn`t do anything pretty much for the first year. I just hung out with him.
"I couldn`t write anything anyway, all I could hear in my head was the jingle to The Wiggles. I remember my husband saying to me, `I don`t know how you`re ever going to write another song again`," she said.
The `Life For Rent` singer also spoke about the perils of motherhood.
"You find yourself singing these nursery rhymes all day, then you`re sitting at the piano, and you can`t clear them out. It`s strange now, juggling motherhood and my career. It`s like balancing two completely different entities."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ