Having my son gave me writer`s block: Dido
London: Singer Dido has spoken about getting writer`s block after having her first child.
The mother to 2-year-old Stanley also addressed the five-year gap between her third album `Safe Trip Home `and fourth record `Girl Who Got Away`, reported Daily Express.
"You always think you`re making music, then suddenly four years has passed. Obviously I had a baby, and I was doing various things, then after Stanley came along I didn`t do anything pretty much for the first year. I just hung out with him.
"I couldn`t write anything anyway, all I could hear in my head was the jingle to The Wiggles. I remember my husband saying to me, `I don`t know how you`re ever going to write another song again`," she said.
The `Life For Rent` singer also spoke about the perils of motherhood.
"You find yourself singing these nursery rhymes all day, then you`re sitting at the piano, and you can`t clear them out. It`s strange now, juggling motherhood and my career. It`s like balancing two completely different entities."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mystery Rooms are here! Now you can unlock the hidden `Sherlock' in you
- Throwback Thursday! Watch Shah Rukh Khan's unseen Doordarshan video
- Parineeti Chopra to romance Sushant Singh Rajput in upcoming flick?
- Will this TV beauty make her Bollywood debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Padmavati’?
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh love-struck in Paris, again?