Heath Ledger remembered with charity t-shirt
London: The family of late actor Heath Ledger have marked the fifth anniversary of the tragic star`s death by releasing a commemorative T-Shirt.
The `Dark Knight` star died from an accidental overdose on 22 January, 2008 and his family and friends have come together to create a special garment in his memory to raise funds for charity, reported Daily Star.
Ledger`s sister Elana Rosa designed the T-Shirt using an image of the actor posing with a skateboard taken by photographer Ben Watts, the older brother of actress Naomi Watts, during a Los Angeles photoshoot.
It is the first product to be approved by the trustees of Ledger`s estate and be endorsed by his family.
In a post on the Australian actor`s official website, Watts said, "We shot down in the LA (Los Angeles) river, I wanted to shoot something that Heath could have fun with and not about the fashion or just being good looking... Which I knew he would not be so happy with."
Proceeds from sales of the item will benefit the Channel 7 Australia Telethon Trust, the Australians in Film Organization and the Heath Ledger Scholarship program which provides young Australian actors with the means to travel to the US to further their training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor doesn’t want to work with Kangana Ranaut? ‘Queen’ actress clears the air
- Deepika Padukone answers question on rumours about her plans to attend Oscar Awards
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays tribute to Lord Shiva with sand art
- Deepika Padukone doing official remake of Hollywood movie Mr & Mrs Smith? Here’s the truth
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in