I can take jokes on myself: Arbaaz Khan
Mumbai: Mostly seen in serious or grey roles in films like ‘Fashion’ and ‘Hulchul’, Arbaaz Khan will now be seen as a judge on the 16th season of ‘Comedy Circus’. He is confident that he can take jokes on himself as he has a good sense of humour.
On the show, the participants do not spare any one and are often seen taking a potshot at Archana Puran Singh, who has been with ‘Comedy Circus’ since the beginning. Arbaaz replaces his brother Sohail in the judge`s seat.
Praising Archana, Arbaaz said: "Archana does it very gracefully. They crack so many jokes. Sometimes it looks so exaggerated and over the top, so you should have the ability to laugh at yourself."
"I think I have got enough humour and I have the capacity to take a joke on myself and that`s the reason I am here," he added.
Arbaaz feels that audiences understand that it`s being done in good humour and so do the judges.
"We really don`t know what is really hitting below the belt, but whatever it is; you have to understand the intention is not to harm you. If we have the ability to sit on the judge`s chair and enjoy jokes cracked on others, we should have the ability to take the jokes on ourselves."
Did the show come to you because Sohail got busy with his directorial venture ‘Mental’, which stars Salman Khan in the lead role?
"I was open to do something on TV. Many things came my way, but they didn`t excite me. When Sohail got busy, they (the channel bosses) wanted somebody to replace him. They have their own parameters and they felt they need me... they approached me. Sohail did it for two years, it`s a long period of time."
"Comedy Circus" will familiarise viewers with the other side of Arbaaz`s personality.
"The show gives an opportunity to let people know me and get a glimpse of me. Maybe there is some amount of seriousness attached to my personality - no nonsense type, who does grey roles.
"TV is something where you can`t escape. If you are not playing a character, then your personality will come across. How real is he? What are the things he talks about? They can form a different opinion about me post the show," he added.
He is no stranger to show and knows the format.
"It`s not that the whole show is alien or unknown to me. It has been going on for seven years. There have been innumerable episodes. I am aware of what the nature of the show is and this show is about having fun. Sohail wanted me to do it. He said that I should do it. He just made it easy for me to make up my mind," the 45-year-old said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?
- Mahabharata: Who was the only Kaurava to oppose Draupadi’s vastraharan?
- How 16-year-old Markandeya defied death; lesson we can learn
- Valentine week: Top WhatsApp messages you can send on 'Chocolate Day'!
- Valentine week: Why 'chocolates' not diamonds are a girl's best friend!
- What is the colour of your aura – Your Zodiac sign will tell you