I ran away from home, says Cher
Los Angeles: Singer Cher has revealed that she ran away from home when she was 11 because she was strong-headed.
The 66-year-old singer said when she was a youngster, her attitude often caused problems with her mother Georgia Holt, who she has paid tribute to in new documentary `Dear Mom, Love Cher`, reported People magazine.
"We were always close but we fought a lot when I was young. I was really strong-headed even then. I did a couple of things like running away when I was 11. I hopped a train with my friends. I was adventurous but never disrespectful, She wouldn`t have put up with that," she said.
Cher also revealed her mother wasn`t entirely supportive of her relationship with the late Sonny Bono, the father of her child Chaz Bono, at first.
"I had a little problem with her over Sonny but that didn`t take long to get over. She listened first before making a judgement so I could always talk to her about my romances. She stressed the importance of being sure that person you are with is the person you love," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Sunil Grover pens heartfelt note to fans, says don’t know what the future holds!
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty