I wasn`t a victim in my marriage with Ashley: Cheryl Cole
London: Newly married pop star Cheryl Cole has revealed that she was not a victim during her marriage to footballer Ashley.
The 31-year-old singer married Ashley in 2006 after two years of dating, but split in 2010 following accusations that the footballer had cheated on her, reportedly.
"You know what I also realised these past years? I refuse to let somebody else`s behaviour change me fundamentally. I`m going to remain the person I am, with the values and beliefs that I had.
"There was no horribleness, apart from what happened at the end. My marriage wasn`t bad. I wasn`t treated badly. I wasn`t a victim. We weren`t arguing. Nothing like that. It was just weakness on his behalf, which is unfortunate, but it happens," she said.
The `X Factor` judge recently married her boyfriend of three months Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini on Mustique`s Macaroni Beach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- National award-winning filmmaker Deepak Roy dead at 67
- Sidharth Malhotra turns 32, B-Town wishes him more success
- Javed Akhtar, Vivek Agnihotri question 'azadi' for Zaira Wasim
- Raees: Sunny Leone's Dubsmash of Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue is too good to miss – Watch
- Shah Rukh Khan finds his conversations with son AbRam 'most enlightening'