India is like home to me: Adnan Sami
Mumbai: Pakistani singer Adnan Sami, who was in news for allegedly "overstaying" here, says India is like a home to him.
Britain-born Sami was issued notice by the Mumbai police Oct 15 demanding an explanation for overstaying. But it was later revealed that the singer-composer had been granted a three-month visa extention from Oct 6, the day his earlier document had expired.
"I have been living here (in India) for the last 14 years. It has been my work place since then. I have not spent (as much) time anywhere else as much as I have spent here in India," Adnan said here in an interview.
"So I am attached with this country. It is like a home to me," he added.
Sami`s last visa was valid from Sep 26, 2012, to Oct 6 this year. He had applied for an extension Sep 14, as per the standard procedure that he been following the past several years.
He has now been granted a three-month visa extension from the union home ministry and he is overjoyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!
- Ajay Devgn's BIGGEST fear is losing loved ones
- Anoushka Shankar coming to India for six city tour