Indian Ocean bat for circus animals
New Delhi: Popular rock band Indian Ocean has shot a video protesting against the use of animals in circuses on the occasion of World Music Day on June 21.
The video for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India, features Rahul Ram, Tuheen Chakravarty, Amit Kilam, Himanshu Joshi and departing member Susmit Sen slung with heavy metal chains.
The caption reads, "Try to relate to their fate. Boycott animal circuses."
"We are performers and enjoy entertaining our fans, but chaining and beating freedom-loving animals into performing is not entertainment. It`s abuse. We`re asking all good people of conscience to stay away from any circus that enslaves and harms animals," the band said in a statement.
The government has already banned the use of bears, monkeys, tigers, panthers and lions in performances. PETA wants the government to ban the use of all animals in circuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court order narrows pop icon Prince's potential heirs to six
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows