Indian Ocean bat for circus animals
New Delhi: Popular rock band Indian Ocean has shot a video protesting against the use of animals in circuses on the occasion of World Music Day on June 21.
The video for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India, features Rahul Ram, Tuheen Chakravarty, Amit Kilam, Himanshu Joshi and departing member Susmit Sen slung with heavy metal chains.
The caption reads, "Try to relate to their fate. Boycott animal circuses."
"We are performers and enjoy entertaining our fans, but chaining and beating freedom-loving animals into performing is not entertainment. It`s abuse. We`re asking all good people of conscience to stay away from any circus that enslaves and harms animals," the band said in a statement.
The government has already banned the use of bears, monkeys, tigers, panthers and lions in performances. PETA wants the government to ban the use of all animals in circuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali