Karl Lagerfeld despises social media
London: Designer Karl Lagerfeld has no time for social media.
The Chanel boss, who has four iPhones, said he is not a fan of new gadgets and will not be joining Twitter anytime, soon, reported Femalefirst.
"The world is distorted by these (iPhones). I have no time for it. The day is too short. I am not interested in looking for unknown friends. I know enough people already.
"I don`t even go in the street anymore. Even in the middle of the night, there`s somebody (outside my house). The people who come up to me are all very nice but at the same time it`s a bore," he said.
Although Chanel has embraced celebrity culture, counting A-list stars Blake Lively, Alexa Chung and Keira Knightley as followers, the fashion designer is not keen to dwell on celebrity.
"I am tired of celebrities. Let`s go back to unknown beauties. Celebrities and icons are overdone," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!
- Ajay Devgn's BIGGEST fear is losing loved ones
- Anoushka Shankar coming to India for six city tour