Katherine Jackson seeks retrial for wrongful death lawsuit against AEG
Washington: Katherine Jackson has filed documents for a new trial for her wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Live.
The 83-year-old matriarch of the Jackson musical family is seeking a second chance to convince jury that the concert promoter is allegedly responsible for Michael Jackson`s death in 2009, Contactmusic reported.
According to TMZ.com, she has listed several reasons for a retrial, including jury misconduct, new evidence, and general procedural errors.
Katherine has insisted that she didn`t get a fair opportunity to prove her claim that AEG negligently hired Dr. Conrad Murray for the King of Pop `s `This Is It` comeback concert series.
She had filed court documents in Los Angeles last month to appeal the verdict of the 40 billion dollars lawsuit before demanding a new trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments
- Original Keventers refashions its milkshake menu
- Chef Izzat cooks mouth-watering dishes - without water!