Katie Holmes forced to leave home by superstorm Sandy
New York: Wearing no make-up and dressed in a dowdy grey jumper and jeans, actress Katie Holmes looked as exhausted as the rest of her fellow New Yorkers as she stepped out in Manhattan.
The 33-year-old star clutched a cup of coffee as she arrived at rehearsals for her new play.
The actress and her six-year-old daughter Suri were forced out from their luxury apartment at the Mercantile building in Chelsea and have been staying at a midtown hotel close to the Music Box Theatre, where Holmes will make her Broadway comeback in Dead Accounts, reports dailymail.co.uk.
With her hair scraped back, it was clear that she had had a restless few days.
Her play was due to start previews Saturday, however, it has now been pushed back by a week.
Holmes has been making the best of a bad situation as she was seen dining with Suri and friends at the posh ABC Kitchen restaurant Saturday night just hours before she left her home.
She is said to have stayed in her apartment during the storm before heading to the hotel.
"Katie and Suri stayed safe and calm by torchlight," said a source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!