LeAnn Rimes almost got killed in school
Los Angeles: Singer LeAnn Rimes was attacked by a girl with a knife when she was in sixth grade.
Rimes, who performed at the Friend Movement`s Anti-Bullying Benefit Concert here Monday, shared her horrifying childhood experience in an interview, reports dailystar.co.uk.
"I used to perform around Dallas and Texas where I lived, a lot. My (school) principal would put something on the bulletin board if I was in the newspaper or something, and there was this clique of girls that did not like it. So, I had my locker egged, I had a girl bring a knife to school the last day of sixth grade and (she) tried to kill me,” said the 30-year-old.
During her performance, she told the crowd not to let bullying get them down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India