LeAnn Rimes almost got killed in school
Los Angeles: Singer LeAnn Rimes was attacked by a girl with a knife when she was in sixth grade.
Rimes, who performed at the Friend Movement`s Anti-Bullying Benefit Concert here Monday, shared her horrifying childhood experience in an interview, reports dailystar.co.uk.
"I used to perform around Dallas and Texas where I lived, a lot. My (school) principal would put something on the bulletin board if I was in the newspaper or something, and there was this clique of girls that did not like it. So, I had my locker egged, I had a girl bring a knife to school the last day of sixth grade and (she) tried to kill me,” said the 30-year-old.
During her performance, she told the crowd not to let bullying get them down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!