LeAnn Rimes almost got killed in school
Los Angeles: Singer LeAnn Rimes was attacked by a girl with a knife when she was in sixth grade.
Rimes, who performed at the Friend Movement`s Anti-Bullying Benefit Concert here Monday, shared her horrifying childhood experience in an interview, reports dailystar.co.uk.
"I used to perform around Dallas and Texas where I lived, a lot. My (school) principal would put something on the bulletin board if I was in the newspaper or something, and there was this clique of girls that did not like it. So, I had my locker egged, I had a girl bring a knife to school the last day of sixth grade and (she) tried to kill me,” said the 30-year-old.
During her performance, she told the crowd not to let bullying get them down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ