Mallika Sherawat mobbed in her native village
Chandigarh: Actress Mallika Sherawat was mobbed by a crowd as she reached her native village Moth in Haryana`s Hisar district to shoot for her TV show `Bachelorette India`.
Sherawat, whose real name is Reema Lamba, visited her village after a long time and was surrounded by a crowd of 3,000 to 4,000 people.
The 36-year-old actress was here to shoot some scenes of her ancestral house for her show `The Bachelorette India-Mere Khayalon ki Mallika`.
However, seeing the huge crowd, Sherawat did not step out of her car and soon left.
Hisar`s Superintendent of Police, Satish Balan told reporters over phone that the police had not been informed about the TV shoot in advance.
"The crowd in the village was beyond anybody`s expectations.
They were going crazy and wanted to catch the glimpse of the actor. Soon, we dispatched police personnel to control the situation," Balan said.
The actress was also supposed to go to a Gurdwara with her family members but could not do so.
The `Murder` star is the daughter of a retired engineer from Haryana Mukesh Lamba and great grand daughter of renowned philanthropist Seth Chhaju Ram from Hisar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Paris Jackson gets tattoo in honour of father Michael Jackson
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check