Mallika Sherawat mobbed in her native village
Chandigarh: Actress Mallika Sherawat was mobbed by a crowd as she reached her native village Moth in Haryana`s Hisar district to shoot for her TV show `Bachelorette India`.
Sherawat, whose real name is Reema Lamba, visited her village after a long time and was surrounded by a crowd of 3,000 to 4,000 people.
The 36-year-old actress was here to shoot some scenes of her ancestral house for her show `The Bachelorette India-Mere Khayalon ki Mallika`.
However, seeing the huge crowd, Sherawat did not step out of her car and soon left.
Hisar`s Superintendent of Police, Satish Balan told reporters over phone that the police had not been informed about the TV shoot in advance.
"The crowd in the village was beyond anybody`s expectations.
They were going crazy and wanted to catch the glimpse of the actor. Soon, we dispatched police personnel to control the situation," Balan said.
The actress was also supposed to go to a Gurdwara with her family members but could not do so.
The `Murder` star is the daughter of a retired engineer from Haryana Mukesh Lamba and great grand daughter of renowned philanthropist Seth Chhaju Ram from Hisar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Naam Shabana: Akshay Kumar enjoys special screening with female police officers
- People find it difficult to accept TV stars in bold roles: Nia Sharma
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Mamta Kulkarni, Vicky Goswami
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- Raju Srivastava replaces Sunil Grover, becomes permanent member of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?