Michelle Obama`s hip-hop album project underway
Los Angeles: First Lady Michelle Obama has teamed up with a non-profit organisation, Partnership for A Healthier America, to come up with a hip-hop album that will inspire healthy living among the youth.
Entitled ‘Songs for a Healthier America’, the 19-track rap album due in September is part of her ‘Let`s Move’ campaign that aims to fight childhood obesity, reported Aceshowbiz.
The record includes tracks featuring Jordin Sparks, Ashanti, Run DMC, Ariana Grande and Blink-182`s Travis Barker.
Michelle Obama will be making cameos in the music videos.
The first track, ‘Everybody’, featuring Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green and Dr Mehmet Oz, was already released back in June as a free download.
Lending some of his valuable support to the First Lady`s pet project is President Obama himself, who has, in the past, made appearances and even sung publicly to help promote the program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!