MJ`s estate quash sexual abuse allegations

Last Updated: Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 13:17

Los Angeles: King of Pop Michael Jackson`s estate recently was hit with new sexual abuse accusations, but a lawyer said that the claims were false.

A man named James Safechuck, who starred in a 1987`s ad with the King of Pop when he was a child, filed a sexual assault complaint alleging that the star molested him for several years starting when he was 10 years old, reportedly.

In response to the allegations, an attorney for Jackson`s estate Harry Weitzman said, "Twenty five years after the fact and five years after Michael Jackson passed away Mr Safechuck is now demanding money from Michael`s Estate by claiming he suddenly recalls life differently."

The new claim was added into a suit filed by Wade Robson in May 2013. Robson previously testified in Jackson`s defence during the star`s child molestation trial in 2005, but he later changed his mind.

Safechuck, who previously was named as potential victim in the case, denied that Jackson inappropriately touched him back then. Safechuck, now married with two children, was molested until he was 14 or 15.

"His new story is that Wade Robson`s nearly identical lawsuit filed a year ago by the same attorney caused him to now recall certain events," Weitzman said.

"Of course, Michael is not here to defend himself. Nonetheless, we believe these false and scurrilous allegations will not prevail."

PTI

First Published: Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 13:17

comments powered by Disqus