Motherhood not on Katy Perry`s mind
Los Angeles: Whenever Katy Perry has children, she will give them her all, but the singer says she isn`t ready for motherhood yet.
"I`m definitely not there yet, and I can`t plan that far in advance. When I decide to have a family, I`ll just want to be Mom for a little bit," Perry said in an interview with Marie Claire magazine, reports people.com.
The 29-year-old has hinted that her reluctance to have children stems in part from her broken marriage to comedian Russell Brand, who she split from in late 2011 after about a year of marriage.
"(Brand) really wanted me to have children, and I knew I wasn`t ready. I think it was a way of control. I think it was part of, `If I have a kid, then I would have to sacrifice, I`d have to be home more`. I really wanted to, but I knew I wasn`t ready for it," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film