Nigella Lawson`s US travel ban lifted
London: Nigella Lawson has been given the go-ahead by visa officials to fly to the US to film a new series of her cookery contest `The Taste.`
The 54-year-old celebrity chef had feared that her admission to taking Class A drug could finish her blossoming US career, a leading daily reported.
Lawson will begin work on the third series of `The Taste USA` later this summer. She has already called on Twitter for aspiring chefs to audition.
She had previously planned to go to the US on holiday in April but was not allowed to board a British Airways flight from Heathrow to Los Angeles.
Under US regulations, officials can bar any foreigners, who have committed drugs offences - even if they have never been charged by police, from receiving a visa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled