No Playboy club in Goa as beach shack: Goa Chief Minister
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Monday his government will not permit Playboy club to open in Goa as a beach shack.
Speaking in the assembly, Parrikar said that according to the Goa government`s beach shack policy, shacks could not be allotted in the name of branded chains international but in names of individuals.
"I am assuring the house that Playboy Club will not be allowed as a shack. We give permissions only to individuals and not to global chains," Parrikar said.
It is not clear whether the club will be allowed permission to function as a conventional city club, rather than as a beach shack.
The issue of granting permission to Playboy club, promoted by the Mumbai-based PB Lifestyle, has triggered a revolt within the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's house into home!