No Playboy club in Goa as beach shack: Goa Chief Minister
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Monday his government will not permit Playboy club to open in Goa as a beach shack.
Speaking in the assembly, Parrikar said that according to the Goa government`s beach shack policy, shacks could not be allotted in the name of branded chains international but in names of individuals.
"I am assuring the house that Playboy Club will not be allowed as a shack. We give permissions only to individuals and not to global chains," Parrikar said.
It is not clear whether the club will be allowed permission to function as a conventional city club, rather than as a beach shack.
The issue of granting permission to Playboy club, promoted by the Mumbai-based PB Lifestyle, has triggered a revolt within the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra ko 'Baar Baar Dekho' in NEW POSTER!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan congratulates Shahid Kapoor on becoming a proud parent! Full story inside
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- Failure more special than success: Emraan Hashmi
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'