No Playboy club in Goa as beach shack: Goa Chief Minister
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Monday his government will not permit Playboy club to open in Goa as a beach shack.
Speaking in the assembly, Parrikar said that according to the Goa government`s beach shack policy, shacks could not be allotted in the name of branded chains international but in names of individuals.
"I am assuring the house that Playboy Club will not be allowed as a shack. We give permissions only to individuals and not to global chains," Parrikar said.
It is not clear whether the club will be allowed permission to function as a conventional city club, rather than as a beach shack.
The issue of granting permission to Playboy club, promoted by the Mumbai-based PB Lifestyle, has triggered a revolt within the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' one of my favourite movies: Priyanka Chopra
- Karan Johar just revealed something interesting about 'Saifeena'! - Details inside
- Morgan Freeman in talks to star in Disney's 'The Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Inspirational! Milind Soman is running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai – Know why
- Ranveer Singh just shared words of wisdom online and we couldn't agree more!
- Hilarious: 'Monsoon Song' aptly showcases all the things you feel about monsoons! - Watch
- Just the thought of marriage can make you kick your wild ways
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause