Pose the right way to look good in swimwear
London: Swimwear can accentuate all your curves, but there are ways you can look slimmer and more confident, according to British-Iranian model Yasmin Le Bon, the new face of swimwear brand Speedo Sculpture 2014 collection.
The model`s guide has been launched to help women tackle the anxieties they experience and the fear of the walk from the changing room to the pool, or the towel to the sea, reportedly.
Le Bon, who turns 50 this year, said: “After spending 33 years on the modelling circuit I have heard all of the tricks of the trade. The best advice I’ve received on looking your best in a swimsuit, is to wear it with confidence and a smile; it instantly changes your appearance.”
In her handbook, she has suggested the following:
* Sitting down: The twist and point - Twisting the upper body around at the waist is a great way to make it appear smaller and instantly helps you to lose inches. Whilst sitting down, putting one leg stretched out in front of the other with toes pointed helps to elongate the leg.
* Lying down: The knee lift - When lying on your back, bringing your knees up to lift the thighs can help to avoid the effect of them feeling flattened against the poolside or lounger and gives a three-dimensional and flattering shape. Arching the back slightly can also help if you’re self-conscious about your stomach or bottom.
* Walking: A proud posture - When walking or standing adopting a strong posture is the key to radiating confidence. If you imagine you are trying to hold something between your shoulder blades, it will push your shoulders down and backwards slightly to give a naturally proud posture.
* Posing: Head held high - If you’re posing for photos and not feeling the most confident, it can be tempting to look down and try to hide. Lifting the head away from the chest is the best way to achieve a long elegant neck and avoid creating a double chin.
* The Exit: Pause and prepare - Before getting out of the pool it’s a good idea to take a moment to pause and prepare for your exit. You can sweep your hair to one side if you need to, check your swimsuit is in place and ensure you’re feeling confident.