Princess Diana`s gown sells for USD 140,000 at auction
Los Angeles: Princess Diana`s ornate gold and white gown, designed by David and Elizabeth Emanuel, fetched a whopping USD 140,000, at an auction house.
Known as the Diaghilev dress, the floor-length strapless number was indeed fit for a princess thanks to its extravagant gold sequins, crystals and pearl embellishments, reported E! online.
It also featured detachable sleeves and a matching headband.
It is said that Princess Diana fell in love with the gown at Red Cross Benefit back in 1986 when she first time saw it, and rather than having designers create a custom one for her, she snapped up the runway version.
She had worn the gown three times, including to a banquet at the German Ambassador`s home in London in 1986, a trip to the Royal Opera House and to the premiere of the James Bond film, `The Living Daylights`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maha Shivaratri: Here’s the lyrics of Shiva Aarti
- When Raj Kapoor gave gold coins to Zeenat Aman!
- Pooja Bhatt to file police complaint against man posing as her agent
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent