Roman Polanski never offered me the role in `Chinatown`: Jane Fonda
London: Veteran actress Jane Fonda has denied reports that she turned down the lead role in cult classic `Chinatown`, claiming director Roman Polanski never officially offered her the role.
The 75-year-old actress said the role was written for Oscar-winning actress Faye Dunaway, reported Contactmusic.
"In Bette Midler`s play... It says that I turned down `Chinatown`... I`m mad about it with Roman Polanski but he never really offered me the part."
The 1974 film was inspired by the California Water Wars, a series of disputes over southern California water at the beginning of the 20th century.
During the same chat, she also refuted the rumour that she turned down the role of Elaine Robinson in `The Graduate`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Alia Bhatt congratulates Priyanka Chopra with a sweet message
- AR Rahman backs Jallikattu, to observe fast on Friday
- Yesteryear actresses who shocked our daddys & granddaddys by daring to bare
- Raees: Shah Rukh Khan silences Nawazuddin Siddiqui with befitting dialogue - Watch
- If a character works, industry will only offer you that: Ronit Roy