Shakira hit with 100-million-dollar lawsuit from ex
New York: Shakira`s former boyfriend has filed a 100-million dollar lawsuit against her, claiming that he was her manager during their 11-year courtship, scored lucrative music deals for her, and is owed a big chunk of her earnings.
However, according to legal documents, the 36-year-old singer said that she was already an international star when she met Antonio de la Rua in 2000 and even though she took his advice on some decisions, he was never her manager and they never signed anything stating that he was, TMZ.com reported.
In her filing, the pop diva, who is currently in a relationship with footie ace Gerard Pique, claims that the only thing they did sign was a 2006 agreement in her native Colombia, which made it clear that they will keep their own assets if they ever separate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Hollywood’s Favorite Bollywood Choreographer’ Nakul Dev Mahajan to judge DID North America 2015
- From Bittu to Bajirao- Ranveer Singh’s filmi journey
- Police to lodge FIR against star cast of 'Mohalla Assi'
- Is `Dabangg` Khan upset over missing IIFA 2015?
- Salman Khan attends Baba Siddiqui's Iftar party but SRK gives it a miss