Shakira hit with 100-million-dollar lawsuit from ex
New York: Shakira`s former boyfriend has filed a 100-million dollar lawsuit against her, claiming that he was her manager during their 11-year courtship, scored lucrative music deals for her, and is owed a big chunk of her earnings.
However, according to legal documents, the 36-year-old singer said that she was already an international star when she met Antonio de la Rua in 2000 and even though she took his advice on some decisions, he was never her manager and they never signed anything stating that he was, TMZ.com reported.
In her filing, the pop diva, who is currently in a relationship with footie ace Gerard Pique, claims that the only thing they did sign was a 2006 agreement in her native Colombia, which made it clear that they will keep their own assets if they ever separate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Global Citizen hosting: Priyanka Chopra freezes frame with Usher!
- Photo alert! Birthday girl Kriti Sanon in Mauritius with Sushant Singh Rajput for last schedule of 'Raabta'
- Your present desire for bread, sausages may be over 500-yrs-old
- Know who will essay Sunny Leone in her biopic
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!