Suriya donates Rs.6 lakh to dialysis foundation
Chennai: Tamil actor Suriya has donated Rs.6 lakh towards the purchase of dialysis machines.
"Suriya inaugurated a free dialysis centre by Tamil Nadu Kidney Research (TANKER) foundation in Sulur. He also donated Rs.6 lakh for the purchase of new dialysis machines," Suriya`s agent said.
The TANKER foundation, set up in 1993, helps provide affordable dialysis for economically backward people with the help of their subsidized units.
Suriya, who is currently enjoying the success of Tamil blockbuster `Singam 2`, is expected to start working in a yet-untitled Tamil project from November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- How Mahishasura invited death by undermining woman power – Durga
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Do you know the colour of your personality?—Take this quiz
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Teddy Day' with these cute gift options!
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud