Taylor Swift is an inspiration to me: Ellie Goulding
London: Singer Ellie Goulding says her friend Taylor Swift, who is popular for penning songs about her relationships, has inspired her to express her feelings in the similar way.
Goulding, 26, said she is similar to the country singer as they both write songs about relationships, reported Daily Mirror.
"Me and Taylor are similar in that we write about relationships. We text and sometimes I only have to say one thing, and even if it`s cryptic she gets it. She`s an inspiration to me because she reinstated how honest you can be about a boy in your music," Goulding said.
"I thought maybe I should stop being so explicit at one point, then I slapped myself out of that. I`m always going to write about people," she added.
Earlier, singer-actress Selena Gomez had revealed that she was inspired by the confidence and wisdom of Swift.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka Sharma praises Karan Johar, says he makes 'you look your best'
- Audiences should reject misogyny in movies, says Rahul Bose
- Bring forward your new avatar this Diwali
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' controversy: Farhan Akhtar calls MNS' Rs 5 crore demand a 'terrible precedent'
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Don 3' in the making?