Teenaged transsexual enters Miss England pageant
London: An 18-year-old transsexual has become the first sex-swap person in Britain to enter the Miss England beauty pageant.
Jackie Green, from Leeds, had become the country`s youngest transsexual after a surgery in Thailand on her 16th birthday, The Sun reported.
Jackie -- who was born Jack but lived as a girl since the age of 10 -- hopes to use the opportunity to speak out about bullying and transgender issues.
"I went to Britain`s Next Top Model show in London and was really surprised when scouts came up to me. Miss England is a prestigious competition. I`d love to win. I`ve as good a chance as anyone," Green said.
She said she wanted to switch gender from the age of four. By 10, she kept long hair and wore a girl`s uniform to school.
At the age of 12, her 43-year-old mother Susie took her to a US clinic for hormone treatment to stop her male puberty. She even mortgaged her house to fund the sex change surgery.
She is now in the Miss Fresh Photographic round of the contest where public votes decide who makes the semi-finals of the main contest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative