New Delhi: Like a guidebook is needed to travel places that tell us the do's and don'ts.Similarly, 'Bhagvad Gita' can be considered as a guide to the human soul. It teaches us how to conduct a meaningful life and attain moksha.
When the Pandava prince Arjuna faced a dilemma to fight with his relatives and acquaintances, he turned to his guide Lord Krishna for his valuable advice. And, Krishna preached him the teachings of life which were recorded in the holy book 'Bhagavad Gita'!
Here, we bring you ten teachings from the holy book that will transform your life:
- We are kept from our goal, not by obstacles, but by a clear path to a lesser goal.
- It is better to perform one’s own duties imperfectly than to master the duties of another.
- Abandon all attachment to the results of action and attain supreme peace.
- When a person is devoted to something with complete faith, I unify his faith in that. Then, when his faith his completely unified, he gains the object of his devotion.
- Strive constantly to serve the welfare of the world; by devotion to selfless work one attains the supreme goal of life. Do your work with the welfare of others always in mind.
- No one who does good work will ever come to a bad end, either here or in the world to come.
- A gift is pure when it is given from the heart to the right person at the right time and at the right place, and when we expect nothing in return.
- Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.
- There are three gates to this self-destructive hell – lust, anger, and greed. Renounce these three.
- The offering of wisdom is better than any material offering.