What have I done to deserve accolades: Soumitra Chatterjee
Kolkata: In an another recognition of his contribution to the world of films, drama and poetry, this year`s Dadasaheb Phalke recipient Soumitra Chatterjee was felicitated by a leading business group.
Stating that he was overwhelmed by the ecstatic response of the people in the wake of his receiving the Dadasaheb Phalke, Soumitra said, "I sometimes wonder what great have I done to deserve such accolades, such warmth and such unalloyed happiness. This feeling humbles me and I feel it is not me but my people who are in fact being honoured."
The 77-year-old actor was felicitated by the Sahara group here last night.
"I have been receiving many felicitations for the past several days. I remember shooting for Goutam Ghosh`s film in Purple Town (filmcity) when I got the news... In fact Mrinalda (Mrinal Sen) had called me up two days back and intimated but asked not to let out the news early.
"I am usually not very moved at this age since I have acted in over 400 films and have a 53-year old career. But I am amazed at the happiness of most of the Bengalis and others afterwards. I feel humbled," Soumitra said on receipt of the honour from the business group owner Subrata Roy.
"I sometimes ponder if it would not have been better had I been born in some colonies of Africa and worked among the underprivileged sans the prying eyes of media, fame and glory. What I have done to deserve all these praise and honour!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Sexiest FHM covers featuring Bollywood hotties
- OMG! Malaika Arora Khan to be replaced on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' by THIS actress?
- Jiah Khan suicide: Prosecution seeks murder charge against Sooraj Pancholi
- Sonakshi Sinha is twinning with mommy in this 'throwback pic'—See inside!
- Shahid Kapoor impressed us 5 times like a boss!
- How ambitious are you? Your heel size will reveal
- This viral puzzle is making the internet go crazy! Can you solve this?
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games: This ad will make you hug your mom, thank her for all what she has done for you
- Mahabharata’s Bhima was married to a rakshasi – Do you know who she is
- Are Indians shifting their focus from gyming to dancing – Click here to read more