When a British war veteran failed to recognise Brad Pitt
London: Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt, one of the most famous faces on the globe, was in for a surprise when a British war veteran failed to recognise him.
Predictably, the actor was "rolling around laughing" when Peter Comfort, 90, assured him that he had been in "quite a lot of films" after seeking help from Google.
Pitt had invited Comfort to to consult on his latest Second World War film. Comfort, the last survivor of his regiment, had been invited to speak to Pitt in Hertfordshire, where he was filming Second World War blockbuster `Fury`, reported the Telegraph.
Pitt, who will be playing the commander of a DD Sherman tank crew, wanted to know what life was like inside the tanks.
"Brad Pitt phoned me and said he wanted to speak about Sherman tanks for a film. He talked me into going and, I have to say, I was extremely well treated. They wanted a lot of information to make it accurate and fired a lot of questions at me," the veteran said, adding the film crew wanted every detail about what they did when they were in action.
"Pitt was very friendly and charming actually, but I didn`t know who he was. I said to him, until last night I didn`t have a clue who you were and then I Googled you and you`ve been in quite a lot of films. They all rolled about laughing when I said that," Comfort added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brangelina split: We're a family and we'll always be a family, says Angelina Jolie
- Shahid Kapoor shares pre-birthday bash photo with Mira Rajput – See Pic
- Varun Dhawan – Ali Bhatt starrer ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ brand new poster out!
- Saif Ali Khan confirms daughter Sara Ali Khan’s Bollywood debut
- ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum' sequel to be titled ‘Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji'