Would like to have glass of champagne as Queen: Helen Mirren
London: Oscar winning actress Helen Mirren says she would like to have a glass of champagne on the throne if she was the Queen of England.
The 66-year-old actress, who won an Oscar for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in movie ‘The Queen’ said that she would enjoy being the head of state for just a day, reported a website.
"If I were queen for a day, I would like breakfast in bed and then I would sneak out incognito and go shopping in Zara," Mirren said.
"At the end of the day, I would have a glass of champagne while sitting on the throne, and then I would happily hand it all back. It is not a role I would covet for the long-term," she added.
Having met Queen Elizabeth a number of times, ‘The Tempest’ star believes there is a sense of naughtiness behind the queen`s steely exterior.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Atif Aslam halts concert midway, rescues female from being harassed! - Watch
- Sunny Pawar meets President Barack Obama
- Shahid Kapoor's video on wife Mira Rajput's phone conversation is bang on!
- Sushant Singh Rajput FLIES high for ‘Chandamama Door Ke’ – WATCH, it’s mind-blowing
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: THESE Bollywood celebrities have extended support