Yakub Habeebuddin Tucy demands Bharat Ratna for Bahadur Shah Zafar
Agra: Yakub Habeebuddin Tucy, who claims to be the last descendent of the Mughal family, has demanded the country`s highest civilian award - the Bharat Ratna - for Bahadur Shah Zafar.
Tucy, who arrived here from Hyderabad for the Urs of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, said he had been regularly writing to the central government demanding conferment of the prestigious Bharat Ratna award to the great freedom fighter and one of the heroes of the 1857 mutiny.
Tucy said he had urged the central government to install a bust of Bahadur Shah, the last Mughal emperor, in the parliament house.
He also expressed his deep anguish at the poor maintenance and inadequate arrangements for the safety of Taj Mahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!