Zoya Akhtar films for breast cancer campaign
Mumbai: Filmmaker Zoya Akhtar has brought together Bollywood actors like Ranbir Kapoor, Arjun Rampal and Farhan Akhtar for a new campaign on breast cancer awareness.
Zoya has directed, scripted and conceptualized a Public Service Announcement (PSA) for Ogaan Cancer Foundation titled "Because My World Is Not The Same".
The PSA will feature Ranbir, Rampal, Abhay Deol, Shahid Kapoor and Zoya`s actor-director brother Farhan talking about the women in their lives and what they mean to them.
The campaign aims at creating awareness about Breast Cancer in an outspoken manner.
"Yes breast cancer afflicts women but it`s not something I see as women`s issue. Cancer affects more than the patient, it affects every family member and loved one. It has no gender and therefore we need to take the message out to not just women but men as well.
"We need to open up dialogue and make it relevant and all right for men to ask the women in their lives if they have been checked recently," Zoya said.
According to statistics, it is believed that fear is the number one obstacle that keeps women from taking precautionary measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan to travel to Delhi in train
- Bigg Boss 10: Nitibha Kaul has an interesting message for all Manveer Gurjar fans – Watch
- Shah Rukh Khan, son AbRam's latest pictures will make you say 'Battery Nahi Bolne Ka'
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur dances to Salman Khan's song in style! - Watch
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh