Al Pacino returning to Broadway with `Glengarry Glen Ross`
London: Hollywood legend Al Pacino is returning to Broadway in a revival of David Mamet`s Pulitzer prize-winning play ‘Glengarry Glen Ross’.
The 72-year-old movie great won an Oscar nomination for his role as salesman Ricky Roma in the 1992 movie adaptation, but he is slated to take on late co-star Jack Lemmon`s part of beleaguered realtor Shelley `The Machine` Levene on the New York stage, reported Daily Express.
"Glengarry Glen Ross" last hit Broadway in 2005, when it won the Tony Award for Best Revival of a Play.
Pacino, who was last onstage in New York when he played Shylock in "The Merchant of Venice" in 2010, is also slated to direct the revival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- Sudarsan Pattnaik’s students pay tribute to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose – See PIC
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty