Big sand sculpture of Obama on Puri beach
Bhubaneswar: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik Wednesday created on Odisha`s Puri beach a huge sculpture of Barack Obama, who was re-elected the US president for the second term.
Pattnaik created a seven-foot high sand sculpture of Obama with a message "Again Congratulations" with the help of the students of his Golden Sand Art Institute.
He also created the image of the US and its national flag.
"I created the sculpture to congratulate Obama for the election victory," Pattnaik told IANS from his hometown Puri, about 56 km from here.
The artist, who is well known for his sand sculptures in India and abroad, said he used about eight tonnes of sand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic