Devotional music fest in Delhi from May 9
New Delhi: Bhakti Sangeet, a three-day festival of devotional music, will be held here from May 9 featuring popular singers like Hans Raj Hans and Shubha Mudgal, along with other folk artistes, the event`s organisers said Tuesday.
The festival, organised by the Sahitya Kala Parishad and the department of art and culture, will take place at the Nehru Park in South Delhi`s Chanakyapuri area.
Singers from different devotional traditions will be singing paeans to man`s surrender to the almighty at this confluence of devotional music that will bring together Baul singing of Bengal, Sufiana qawwali, Vedic chantings and bhajans at a single musical soiree.
"When you use the medium of music to express your unconditional love to your creator, the result can easily stir any soul. We are a nation of spirituality and we have different ways of professing our love to the God," Prahlad Singh Tipania, folk singer from Madhya Pradesh who performs in traditional Malwi folk style, said.
The event will also feature Baul singer Parvathy Baul, Mohammad Irshad who will recite Sufi philosopher Bulle Shah`s poetry, and Agnihotri Bandhu who specialise in Ram and Hanuman bhakti, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor still exploring 'singing', finds 'rock music' challenging!
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- Farhan Akhtar opens up on his relationship with 'friend' Abhishek Kapoor
- Raees release: Ritesh Sidhwani happy over MNS' decision to end protest
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season