Gandhi memorabilia arriving in Mumbai
Mumbai: A pair of iconic spectacles belonging to Mahatma Gandhi, a blade of grass and soil stained with his blood, and an autographed prayer book are among the 24 items which will be brought here from London by industrialist and former minister Kamal Morarka.
The items, which include a personal `charkha` used by Gandhiji, some documents and letters, shall be received by social activist Anna Hazare, Magsaysay Award winner Rajendra Singh and former army chief Gen. (retd) V.K. Singh.
Morarka had purchased these items which had been auctioned off in London April 17 last year.
An aide to Morarka said that later these would be taken on an all-India tour lasting nearly two years to enable the countrymen to have a `darshan` of the items belonging to the Father of the Nation and rekindle his philosophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Mahira Khan will promote 'Raees' only if it is necessary, says producer
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif in one frame is a sight to behold!
- Cheap Fast Food places to visit in Mumbai
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today