Gandhi memorabilia arriving in Mumbai
Mumbai: A pair of iconic spectacles belonging to Mahatma Gandhi, a blade of grass and soil stained with his blood, and an autographed prayer book are among the 24 items which will be brought here from London by industrialist and former minister Kamal Morarka.
The items, which include a personal `charkha` used by Gandhiji, some documents and letters, shall be received by social activist Anna Hazare, Magsaysay Award winner Rajendra Singh and former army chief Gen. (retd) V.K. Singh.
Morarka had purchased these items which had been auctioned off in London April 17 last year.
An aide to Morarka said that later these would be taken on an all-India tour lasting nearly two years to enable the countrymen to have a `darshan` of the items belonging to the Father of the Nation and rekindle his philosophy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!