Helen Mirren to play Queen Elizabeth again on stage
London: Actress Dame Helen Mirren admits portraying Queen Elizabeth on stage will be a "challenge" because the role spans 60 years of the monarch`s life.
The 67-year-old, who has previously played the monarch in hit movie `The Queen`, is to star in `The Audience` in London`s West End next year.
"That`ll be a challenge," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Mirren as saying.
However, she thinks the monarch`s "unbelievable consistency in everything" will help with the transition, and she is also studying the changes in her speech patterns.
"Her voice has changed and I can use that - she had a terribly posh voice when she was young. But now even the queen, while she isn`t quite dropping the ends of her lines - though her grandsons do - there`s a tiny bit of estuary creeping in there," she said.
"I can use all that to signify the age range and we`ll come up with other things," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Abhishek Bachchan ready to do biopic on THIS sportsman for free!
- Pakistani actors get Indian visa to shoot for Sridevi starrer
- Ranganathan Madhavan achieved lean look for ‘Vikram Veda’ without workout
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Mahira Khan wants Pakistan to watch Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Raees'
- Sudarsan Pattnaik’s students pay tribute to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose – See PIC
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty