Helen Mirren to play Queen Elizabeth again on stage
London: Actress Dame Helen Mirren admits portraying Queen Elizabeth on stage will be a "challenge" because the role spans 60 years of the monarch`s life.
The 67-year-old, who has previously played the monarch in hit movie `The Queen`, is to star in `The Audience` in London`s West End next year.
"That`ll be a challenge," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Mirren as saying.
However, she thinks the monarch`s "unbelievable consistency in everything" will help with the transition, and she is also studying the changes in her speech patterns.
"Her voice has changed and I can use that - she had a terribly posh voice when she was young. But now even the queen, while she isn`t quite dropping the ends of her lines - though her grandsons do - there`s a tiny bit of estuary creeping in there," she said.
"I can use all that to signify the age range and we`ll come up with other things," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shopping for children? Here are some essential dos and don'ts
- Box Office report: Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest grosser of 2016
- Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' to release on time, Producers Guild not to work with Pakistani artistes in future
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray, Karan Johar meet Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Here's what Farhan Akhtar has to say
- Designing for theatre different from films: Manish Malhotra
- Annual Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav opens on Oct 15
- Rajasthan International Folk Festival opens in Jodhpur
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's Ramlila programme cancelled over opposition
- Maa Durga’s blessings for our Jawans: See Sudarsan Pattnaik’s touching sand art