Long-running Broadway musical `Chicago` to close after 15 years
London: Broadway show named ‘Chicago’, which has been running for nearly 15 years, will come to an end in London`s West End.
The show, which has featured guest stars such as Christie Brinkley, Brooke Shields, David Hasselhoff and Ugly Betty’s America Ferrara, will give its final London performance on 1st September.
The musical has taken more than 120 million pounds at the West End box office. The show was also made into an Oscar-winning film in 2002.
Barry Weissler, who along with his wife Fran produced the show around the world, revealed that bringing the production to the West End was a "pivotal moment" in their career.
"Running 15 years has been a dream come true," a news channel has quoted him as saying.
"We may be taking our parting shots for now, but the Razzle Dazzle will never fade,” he said.
Currently, it runs at the Garrick Theatre. The show, which opened in November 1997 with Ruthie Henshall, Ute Lemper, Henry Goodman and Nigel Planer in the main roles, holds the record as the West End`s longest-running revival.
Henshall revealed that she was sad to hear the show was closing.
"I have amazing memories of the best female roles in musical theatre. Truly blessed to have been a part of it,” she tweeted.
John Kander, Composer of the musical insisted that he would be thankful to London audience to embrace the show for 15 long years.
"The fact that the London audience has embraced our show for 15 years fills me with gratitude and pride,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Aww! Here's how Akshay Kumar surprised team 'Housefull 3'
- Akshay Kumar has a special message for his fans in France! – Watch
- Modern Indian masters, rare art works at Christie's sale
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Katrina Kaif in swimsuit - Check out this pic
- Who is miffed with Vidya Balan for supporting Kangana Ranaut?
- Mother’s Day: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik pays beautiful tribute to Mothers