Play to be performed by Pak artists cancelled after protests
Jaipur: A play, scheduled to be presented by Pakistani artists, was today cancelled by Ravindra Rangmanch authorities here following protests by some local activists in view of brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control(LoC).
The play titled `Kaun Hai Yeh Gustakh` was scheduled to be presented by Pakistan`s Ajoka theatre at 5.30 pm under 15th Theatre Utsav organised by National School of Drama at Ravindra Rangmanch.
"Some local activists protested against the proposed drama by Pakistani artists. So in view of security, the drama was cancelled," Neetu Rajeshwar, Manager Ravindra Rangmanch said.
Official sources said that some local artists also raised their objection over Pakistani artists` performance in the wake of the escalating tension between two countries and they apprised the authorities about it separately.
Police said that the situation during the protest by the activist was under control and the artists returned to Delhi after the cancellation of the play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Gautam Gulati wear his dancing shoes for 'Jhalak Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'?
- 'Dishoom' POSTER OUT! Jacqueline rides with Varun Dhawan, John Abraham
- Are Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan expecting their first child?
- 'Noor' First look: Sonakshi Sinha in journo avatar!
- Genelia and Riteish Deshmukh welcome second bundle of joy
- Modern Indian masters, rare art works at Christie's sale
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Katrina Kaif in swimsuit - Check out this pic
- Who is miffed with Vidya Balan for supporting Kangana Ranaut?
- Mother’s Day: Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik pays beautiful tribute to Mothers