Play to be performed by Pak artists cancelled after protests
Jaipur: A play, scheduled to be presented by Pakistani artists, was today cancelled by Ravindra Rangmanch authorities here following protests by some local activists in view of brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control(LoC).
The play titled `Kaun Hai Yeh Gustakh` was scheduled to be presented by Pakistan`s Ajoka theatre at 5.30 pm under 15th Theatre Utsav organised by National School of Drama at Ravindra Rangmanch.
"Some local activists protested against the proposed drama by Pakistani artists. So in view of security, the drama was cancelled," Neetu Rajeshwar, Manager Ravindra Rangmanch said.
Official sources said that some local artists also raised their objection over Pakistani artists` performance in the wake of the escalating tension between two countries and they apprised the authorities about it separately.
Police said that the situation during the protest by the activist was under control and the artists returned to Delhi after the cancellation of the play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Befikre' box office report, day 2: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer continues to impress audience
- Amitabh Bachchan starrer '102 Not Out' to go on floors next year!
- Geeta Basra, hubby Harbhajan Singh out on 'travel day' with daughter
- Dilip Kumar turns 94: It will be quiet birthday this time, says wife Saira Banu
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui opens up about working with Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees'
- Dia Mirza joins 'Save the Children' as Artist Ambassador!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change