Rebecca Hall set for Broadway debut
London: `Iron Man 3` star Rebecca Hall is set to make her Broadway debut in a new play that last hit the New York stage 85 years ago.
The actress, who is the daughter of theatre impresario Peter Hall, will lead the cast of `Machinal`, reported Daily Star.
Sophie Treadwell`s play, which was inspired by Ruth Snyder`s 1927 murder trial, featured Clark Gable in his Broadway debut when it last appeared in the Big Apple.
The new production will begin previews on December 20 and open a month later in January next year at the American Airlines Theatre.
`Machinal` hasn`t played in New York for over eight decades but it has been staged a number of times across the world, winning a Best Revival Olivier Award in London in 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rukmini- devoted wife of Sri Krishna and incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed to Sanjay Dutt for Rajkumar Hirani's biopic!
- Aditya Chopra to launch Raj Kapoor's grandson Aadar Jain
- Shweta Tiwari, Abhinav Kohli welcome first bundle of joy
- Maharashtra government mulling to start Mangeshkar 'school of music'
- New York museum to exhibit largest collective chant of 'Om'
- Author Ruskin Bond gets Lifetime Achievement Award, bats for climate change
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival to begin today
- B-Town celebs roped in by Hard Rock Cafe to empower underprivileged children